- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix
- 1 cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter creamy style
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for rolling peanut butter balls
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 packages)
- Prepare fudge brownie mix per package instructions, using a 9×13 pan. Once brownie has been baked, set aside and allow to cool completely (typically 1-2 hours).
- While brownies cool, prepare peanut butter filling. Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), mix together Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Cover bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place about 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a bowl and set nearby. Like a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove bowl of peanut butter mixture from freezer. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture and drop it in the powdered sugar. Cover the peanut butter with sugar, then roll it into a ball in your hands. Place the peanut butter ball on the parchment paper. Repeat this step until all the peanut butter from the bowl has been used.
- Place tray with peanut butter balls in the freezer and chill for another 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from freezer and place nearby. Using a pizza cutter, cut brownies into 1 to 1 1/2 inch squares. Pick up a brownie square and use your fingers and palms to press the brownie into a flat pancake. Try to make the brownie as thin as you can without it falling apart. Place a peanut butter ball in the center of the brownie pancake and gently wrap the brownie around the peanut butter ball. Use your palms to gently roll it into a ball. The ball doesn’t need to be perfect, and it’s okay if some of the peanut butter shows through. Place the finished brownie ball back on the parchment paper. Continue this step until all the peanut butter balls are covered with brownie.
- Place try with brownie covered peanut butter balls back in the freezer and let chill for another 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from freezer and place nearby. Prepare another try and cover it with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips per package instructions, stirring generously between heating. Drop a brownie ball in the melted chocolate and toss to coat. Place the coated peanut butter brownie bomb on the new sheet of parchment paper. Continue this step until all the brownie balls are covered. Make sure the chocolate stays creamy – you may need to reheat the chocolate half way through.