So summer is here and we all love a good tan, but if you’re like me, you burn easily and that is definitely not good at all. Sun damage to the skin can be very dangerous and cancerous so you need to make sure you’re getting what you want- but also staying healthy. Some tips for tanning include:
- Apply Sun screen (not sun block) even if you plan to tan!
- Allow the sun screen to set in your skin for at least 15 minutes before going in the water
- Avoid staying in the sun too long during its peak hours which is around 10am-3pm
- To get an even, all over tan, you should lay on your back for 20 to 30 minutes, then flip and lay on your stomach for another 20 to 30 minutes
- After a few days, you can gradually increase the amount of time you lay on each side. This will prevent a sunburn.
Another useful tip is to use Sun Tan Lotion with SPF. You may think that the SPF defeats the purpose, however, it doesn’t. This insures longer lasting tans and decreases the chance of burns. Thats all for now. Have fun out there! 🙂