- ½ cup (40 g) old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk (any kind – e.g. almond, cashew, oat, cow’s – obvs don’t use cow’s milk if you’re vegan)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2-3 tbsp dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping (vegan, if required)
- coconut oil, for frying (you can use regular vegetable oil too)
- Blend all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a food processor or blender, until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little coconut oil. Dollop the batter into the frying pan (I go for a heaped tablespoon of batter) and spread out a bit with a spoon. Cook until lightly golden underneath, then flip and cook until the other side is golden. Serve warm with the remaining chocolate chips.