Castor oil is a vegetable oil extracted from castor seeds. The castor plant is largely native to Africa and India. It is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, but contains highly beneficial properties. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it popular for medical and therapeutic use across the globe. Castor oil is mainly used for skin, hair and health. Here are some benefits of castor oil:
- Ringworms: An active component called undecylenic acid treats ringworms. Heat up coconut oil with castor oil and place it on affected area for best results.
- Wrinkles and Fine Lines: It penetrates deep into the skin to help the formation of collagen.
- Acne: It has richeneloic acid, which fights the acne causing bacteria. Wash your face with warm water to open pores, dry your face, massage oil into the skin and leave it overnight.
- Stretch Marks: Rub it on stretch marks and thighs to get even texture.
- Fade Scars:Fatty acids come to rescue the scars. It penetrates inside the skin and it must be used regularly to see best results.
- Pigmentation: Dermatologist now recommends castor oil to help reduce pigmentation. Its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids stimulates the growth of new tissues.
- Moisturizer: The rich, fatty acids in castor oil make it an excellent moisturizer. Use a little bit and apply it onto the face for hydrated and healthy glow.
- Promotes Hair Growth: The oil boosts blood circulation to the follicles, leading to faster hair growth. The oil also has omega-6 essential fatty acids, responsible for healthy hair. Mixing it with coconut oil may help reduce the thick consistency. Massage into hair and leave it overnight.
- Thickens Eyebrows: Rub castor oil for eyebrows every night before bed.
- Treats Scalp Infections: Castor oil’s anti-bacterial and antiviral properties help combat the existence of microorganisms in the scalp that may cause scalp infection.
- Constipation: Take 1 teaspoon of cold pressed castor oil for 3 days to get rid of constipation.
- Arthritis and Joint Pains: Take a cotton fabric that has been soaked in castor oil and squeeze the excess off the pad. Leave it on affected areas and cover with a plastic wrap for an hour.
- The Lymphatic System and Liver: Repeat the above step with a larger fabric and place it on the abdomen.
- Treatment of Mild Surface Tumors: It has been scientifically proven to increase T-cell production in the human body.
- Improves Immunity: Researcher Harvey Grady concluded that castor oil increases the production of white blood cells, T-11 cells, and the number of lymphocytes present in the blood, within 24 hours of applying it.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pain from Rheumatism
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Menstrual Disorders
- Age Spots
- Skin Abrasions