Blog Post #2–> Yeah, you read that right..ever wondered how to make lava cakes better than Dominos Pizza? Now you can and its really easy. A good family friend passed on her famous recipe for lava cakes and I’m here to share it with you guys cause I like food.
-2 oz sweet/bitter sweet chocolate
-1 stick of salted butter
-3 tbsps sugar
-2 tbsps of flour
-2 egg yolks
-2 tbsps cocoa powder
-1 tspn vanilla extract
-Oven safe ramekins (mini things to bake them in)
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Melt half the butter and all of the chocolate over a double burner
3. As it melts mix the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
4. Gradually mix in the melted chocolate and butter
5.Sift in cocoa powder, salt, and flour into the mixture slowly.
6.Stir in the vanilla extract
7.Coat the ramekins with butter and then a little bit of flour.
8. Pour the chocolate mixture into these about 3/4 the way full.
9. Put them on a cookie tray and place them in oven when it reaches 425.
10. Allow them to cook for 10 minutes (when the sides begin to rise and the center is melted still) or until desired
11. Allow for them to cool and flip it over onto a small plate
12. Coat with powdered sugar
13. Its a lot better with ice-cream.